Quantcast Help Using Avalon's Guide: How to Encode a SVCD 2-Disc Movie? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
12-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Free Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Big2hd
Ok so I finally found the guide i need to cnvert my 2 part svcd. I'm following "Avalon's Guide: How to encode a SVCD-2-Disc-Movie as a single KVCD" but I had 2 problems:

After doing a level 10 on a ifo made by tmpeg dvd author, how do you "do again or encode in kvcd" the .vob made by dvdshrink. Cause when i try to open it in Mpeg tools in tmpeg it doesn't reconize the .vob in my folder.(even when i pick all files).

In other words my .vob is too big and I need to "shrink again" lol.

Thx in advance, And have a safe and Happy holidays all
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

12-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Free Member

A vob is opened in avisynth via a d2v project made by DVD2AVI.

Load the vob in DVD2AVi and save the d2v, then use "mpeg2source" in your avs script.
12-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Free Member

Ahh Dialhot, ounce again dialhot we are on two completely differrent pages.

So again, According to " Avalon's Guide: How to encode a SVCD-2-Disc-Movie as a single KVCD" it states that after a level 10 compression of .ifo file and it is not half of the size of the cd (700/2=350) you have to do the process over again or encode kvcd.

I want to know how do you do that with the .vob I have just made that is way too big fit on 1 cd(size altogether is 1.14 gb after i mux the a/v together.) Hope this clarifies things thx in advance
12-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Free Member

"to do the process over" means nothing, as a lot of things in Avalon guides.
Using DVDshrink is the stupidiest think I ever read. But if you want you can restart from the original mpeg2 and use an other level of compression. It's the only way to obtain a vob that is not "too big". But the results will stink.

My advice : never use Avalon's guide.

It's simple to do a KVCD from the 2 original mpeg2 of your SVCD. Just have to load them in DVD2AVI and save the d2v project, then do a KVCD as always.
12-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Free Member

OH ok that's little better explanation, thx dialhot your da man

I'll let you know if success or not
12-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Free Member

Go Figure Another Program(dv2avi) it is not working, this is where I'm at:

Btw Files are already in .mpg format, click open(all files) then i choose all 2 parts.

After that just alot of not responding's and crashes(pretty much every button I push), pls help or better yet a better way to make a 2 disc (s)vcd into 1 kvcd that does not invole using dvd2avi that would sooooo great

Thx In Advance!
12-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Free Member

Man you need DVD2AVI for EVERY work here. That's the first tool we use to make KVCD. The only exception is for making avi->kvcd work.

You must find why your DVD2AVI crashes else you won't go further in KVCD wonderfull world

What is you DVD2AVI version ?
12-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Free Member

The version is 1.77.3(i don't know the version of the one with dvd2svcd, but same result anyways).

And it's more of no responding thing than crashing

Quote:
Man you need DVD2AVI for EVERY work here. That's the first tool we use to make KVCD. The only exception is for making avi->kvcd work

I don't know as much as you on subject but i'm positive there is another doing this(problem is finding author"Avalon" of the other method), but at the same time i'm willing to learn anyway as long as it gets to point b.

Quote:
you do not need to post this message three time to obtain an answer ! See my answer there and stop all aother threads on the subject please.
Uh.. kinda do(2 to be exact) cause i either different or wierd cryptic answer of my question(3rd post was my bad, i didn't know you had dvd2avi specific forum.)

Might be i don't know how to make .d2v project cause it always works with my dvd2svd i think.

Thx In Advance
12-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big2hd
I don't know as much as you on subject but i'm positive there is another doing this(problem is finding author"Avalon" of the other method), but at the same time i'm willing to learn anyway as long as it gets to point b.
The one using DVDShrink ? This method is crappy. Period. I can give you a lot of other methods with such poor results. Davideo for instance is an all in one tool taht can do what you want but you will trash the final video as soon as you will see it

Just to tell you : Avalon did a lot of guide (in very short time) but he did that after having discovered KVCD since a few days ! I do not understand how people can decide to make guide about something they do not know.
BTW, these guides are good for one thing : they are well designed and well done.

But it does not solve your problem with DVD2AVI

1.77.3 ? I guess it should work. What do you call "not responding" ? I think that we should first try to undestand that.

Quote:
Uh.. kinda do(2 to be exact) cause i either different or wierd cryptic answer of my question(3rd post was my bad, i didn't know you had dvd2avi specific forum.)
The problem is that your problem is not really tied to DVD2AVI but to work you want to do. So you should explain ALL the problem on the DVD2AVI forum in order to be sure taht people know what is involved there. And you will recognize it's useless to do a copy of that present thread.

But don't be affraid : peoples generally lurk into all the forums and they answer even if you are not in the relevant one

Quote:
Might be i don't know how to make .d2v project cause it always works with my dvd2svd i think.
Perhaps that's the point. In fact is simple :

- open DVD2AVI
- type F3 (LOAD)
- select all the mpeg2 you want to import
- click on OK to close the import window
- save the dv2 project.

That's all. I figure that is what you already did, no ?

Note: I use also DVD2AVI taht is delivered with D2S and it is version 1.76. Why don't you try to use it instedd of 1.77.3 ?

Thx In Advance [/quote]
12-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Free Member

lolololol, this is getting ridiculous so all i'm gonna do is tell you step by step what i'm doin and if anybody see's somethin wrong just instruct, help, holla, do what you want cause had enough with this program:

Open DVD2AVI(folder contains the following: exe,vfi,ini all with the same name-> dvd2avi)

Push f4

Open mpg file(part 1)

Open other(part2)

Push OK

Click On Audio

Check Demux All Parts

Click on Load Project(Note save project is still unclickable at this time)

Load First .mpg

Load Project Again

Load Second .mpg(Note after this save project is accessible)

Click on save project

Information Box Comes up(note not a damn thing in the info box!!)

YAY! .dv2 project saved

Open tmpeg

Browse for video source(being .d2v of course)

Click on .d2v tmpeg crashes or does not respond( or says can not support or open file when doesn't)

Btw where is this .mpa(dude probably doesn't know what he is talking about but who i'm to judge at this point) dvd2avi was suppose to make.
12-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Push f4
WHAT ??? F4 is for "Save project", not load. It's F3. Just a mistake I guess.

Quote:
Click on Load Project(Note save project is still unclickable at this time)

Load First .mpg
But "load a project" is to load an already processed D2V file ! How can you load a mpeg there ? The only choice the toll gives to you is to open a ".d2v".

Quote:
Load Second .mpg(Note after this save project is accessible)

Click on save project
Here again you are wrong : save project is available as soon as you have load a mpeg in the first step (press F3, open the 2 mpeg and click ok : taht is the first step).

Quote:
Information Box Comes up(note not a damn thing in the info box!!)
For sure : by loading a mpg insteed of a d2v you probably erased the list of mpg to process (the one you loaded in step 1 ).

Quote:
Click on .d2v tmpeg crashes or does not respond( or says can not support or open file when doesn't)
Because there is nothing valuable in this d2v you generated

Quote:
Btw where is this .mpa(dude probably doesn't know what he is talking about but who i'm to judge at this point) dvd2avi was suppose to make.
DvD2AVI does not make anything in your case.
Vote : saving a project take some mintues to process. How long does it take in your case ?

Note : again I suggest to you to use the DVD2AVI version that is delivered with DVD2SVCD.
12-30-2003, 12:47 AM
Free Member

LOLOLOL WOW

Going through circles here(doesn't help when you're telling me I'm lying and wrong) so if anyone can help please msg me or make a half decent "2 vcd to 1 kvcd" tutorial would be much appreicated.

Dialhot you don't have to respond anymore(kind of like that anyways) thx for the input(epecially the f3 over f4 lollolol) and your efforts I will build on them as much as I can lol!!!!!

Ounce again anybody successfully done a "Multi vcd to a 1 kvcd" and can help me pls do

Thx in advance Happy Holidays All!!
12-30-2003, 09:16 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Ounce again anybody successfully done a "Multi vcd to a 1 kvcd" and can help me pls do
What I fear if that noone can give you a solution for that as dvd2avi is the only tool that can handle mpeg2 as input

I didn't tell you but I was doing one SVCD->KVCD yesterday while I was responding to you (to be sure of what I was telling )

Open DVD2AVI, F3, pick the 2 mpeg, Ok, F4 (save the D2V) then using normal procedure to make a KVCD.

The movie was ended this morning when a wake up.

No if you are convinced that my advice to use DVD2AVI 1.76 is not good, that's okay for me.

EDIT : Wait a minute !!!
Are you making SVCD -> KVCD or VCD -> KVCD
This method is working for SVCD -> KVCD only :!
DVD2AVI is known to become nut when you pick MPEG1 into it
See the subject of the thread and the last request you did : they do not tell the same thing
12-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Free Member

Damn!!! why didn't i think of that(just noticed that every tutorial says mpeg2 rather than svcd).

I just d/l an svcd clip and it works in dvd2avi

I guess the easiest way to encode to mpeg-2 is tmpeg right?

Thx dialhot you've ounce again proved me wrong
12-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Free Member

Quote:
I guess the easiest way to encode to mpeg-2 is tmpeg right?
Yes it is

Quote:
Thx dialhot you've ounce again proved me wrong
That was not the purpose

So, you need to do VCD -> KVCD ? That is really simple if you know how to use avisynth.
All you have to do is to load the source like this :

Code:
a=DirectShowSource("file1.mpg",25).KillAudio()
b=DirectShowSource("file2.mpg",25).KillAudio()
a++b
The rest of the script is the same as always.
12-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Free Member

hmmm that sounds alot easier (even though my knowledge of avisynth is limited, I use dvd2svcd to make all my (s)kvcd's nuff said lol!), so looking at the script you just posted I would change the "file1" into the name of my file.

But you say the rest is the same? Is it script or .avs used to make a kvcd(you have to be specific with me I was dropped on head as child ) and when all that is complete do load it in tmpeg or somethin right?
12-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Free Member

Quote:
But you say the rest is the same? Is it script or .avs used to make a kvcd(you have to be specific with me I was dropped on head as child ) and when all that is complete do load it in tmpeg or somethin right?
AS you are doing VCD->KVCD I recommand you to use this scripts I did you AVi->KVCD.

Take it there : http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7223
(pick the last one, called "V4")

Remove the line "Avisource" and replace it with what I tell you just before. Do not change the rest of the script. Then you can use any guide talking about making avi->kvcd.
12-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Free Member

Ok I think I'm on the right side of the road no, uhh I think

This is the script I made with yours pretty sure it's cool:

Code:
a=DirectShowSource("obs-mra.mpg",25).KillAudio() 
b=DirectShowSource("obs-mrb.mpg",25).KillAudio() 
a++b
BlindPP(cpu=4) 
Blockbuster(method="noise",detail_min=1,detail_max=3,variance=0.1,seed=1) 
Convolution3D(1, 6, 12, 6, 8, 2.8, 0) 
GripCrop(WIDTH, HEIGHT, overscan=1, source_anamorphic=false) 
GripSize(resizer="LanczosResize") 
Undot() 
TemporalSoften(2,7,7,3,2) 
DCTFilter(1,1,1,1,1,1,0.5,0) 
#Blockbuster(method="noise",detail_min=1,detail_max=10,variance=0.3,seed=5623) 
GripBorders()
And what is not cool is I can't find but 1 freakin(I use to trip all over these guides there were so many!) tutorial for avi-->kvcd: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....light=avi+kvcd

Question in that guide where do I exactly start using my .avs and .mpg files, or is that just a sucky guide?

Thx againn
01-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Free Member

k you said use 1 of the avi->kvcd tutorial to turn my to vcd files into kvcd, but where does the script come into to play(look at just all of them and none of them even use avisynth)?
01-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Question in that guide where do I exactly start using my .avs and .mpg files, or is that just a sucky guide?
Your work starts in 3. In the poitn c, just load the avs insteed of the avi ('as indicated in the guide).

Quote:
look at just all of them and none of them even use avisynth)

All the scripts use avisynth. Are you asking how avisynth works or do I misunderstand you question ?