Quantcast Dockinggate is a Powerful Tool! - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
05-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Free Member

Quote:

Warning to the users: This script are done for advanced users, although it is not difficult to use. Nevertheless are noticed that if good results are not obtained, IS NOT, OF NO WAY, fault of, (S)KVCD/KDVD. The Mencoder.exe, on which are based this script is in phase of development and therefore, sometimes its results are not as good as we wanted. (S)KVCD/KDVD, working with encoders totally qualified, is synonymous undisputed of high quality.

Gratefulness: My gratefulness to all people in forum of KVCD.net without whose aid and advice, this script had not been possible. In special form to Incredible by its MenCalc, to [b]VMesquita[/b ] by its GUI MencodeMe in which I have based my command lines initially, to Kwag and Dialhot by its tester work and very particularly to Maurus, of whose scripts, DockingGate also takes a part and by its imagenxml.exe, useful for images bin-cue creation. Prodater64
-----------------

Updated 08/JUL/2004: Fixed bug related with DVDs encoding.
Updated 06/JUL/2004: Added cue-bin image auto created. Added optional sample preview with same settings as final encode. Minor bugs fixed.
Updated 26/JUN/2004: Added independent multiplexing.

Download full package: DockingGate.zip
If you already have it, only download the batch file: DockingGate_3.5.zip.

-----------------

DockingGate, powerful tool.

Changes respect to the previous version is so radical that those that have followed the thread "Intermediate guide ..." will have to read first post again. With this script and set of programs, you will have all the necessary one for the codification of SKVCDs and KDVDs, being sarting from DVDs or AVIs, with or without avisynth, with or without a unique and great VOB. Downloadings have been reduced to the minimum, in addition that most of the tools surely already is in your HDs. Encoder that I use is Mencoder.exe, and you will have to use it carefully, in addition to the warning of the principle of this post and many other warnings in forum. Mencoder is a new encoder based on libavcodec library that still is unstable. All recommended tools have been developed by third persons without any intervention of my part, with the exception of batch file that I gave in calling "DockingGate".

Downloads:
Download DockingGate.zip that already comes with most of the necessary tools, with the exception of the next exposed ones.
Download los last CVS Snapshot de Mencoder.
Download MencodeMe - GUI for single Mencoder.exe in case that the archives of the previous downloading do not work to you. The MencodeMe in if it is not necessary.
Download makeAVIS build 20031113.
Download Avisynth v2.54.
Download almost all the filters for Avisynth v2.5x.
Download [url=http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/avisynth2/AviSynth_250_plugins.zip?download]an additional package of filters for Avisynth v2.5x.
Download MA script by Kwag.
Download latest Dialhot's V series scripts.
Download DVDDecrypter
Download these and others toools that you could need.

Tool config:
1 - Install all necessary tools. I assume that already you know to use avisynth, DVDDecrypter, DVDĀVI and all the other mentioned tools. If you want information about these tools you can read other guides, for example here. DVDDecrypter, Moviestacker or FitCD and ffvfw with its MakeAvis must to be installed in default folders. If you change these folders, the programs will not work. Following default folders are showed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Default install folders
C:\Programs Files\DVD Decrypter\
C:\Archivos of programa\MovieStacker\
C:\Archivos of programa\ffvfw\
2 - Make a working folder without spaces in its name, in its working HD, for example "E:\DockingGate\", but can be the one that you are using until now, as long as in his path are not folders with spaces in its name. The letter of the unit can be another one (C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, etc).
I will continue using "E:\". To decompress DockingGate.zip in that working folder. It is to say to open zip and to execute the extract command, selecting as destiny your working folder, does not make drag & drop.
3 - In working folder must be in addition Cygwin1.dll, MencodeMe.exe, Mencoder.exe and MPlayer.exe.
4 - Make a direct access for "E:\DockingGate\DockingGate.bat" (therefore script is called) and put it in your desktop or where you want.
5 - Also you can create a taskbar according to I have explained in this thread (it is very useful).

Using Tools
1 - If parts of a DVD first you must to rip it. Use DVDDecrypter. You can make several things:
a - To obtain 1 only unique VOB and 1 ac3. Only viable in systems with NTFS HD system, for VOBs of more of 4GB.
b - To obtain several VOBs and 1 ac3. This solves the problem of the 4GB in HD non NTFS. The obtained VOBs can be offered individually to the Mencoder.exe, once processed, m2v obtained can be mered (DockingGate does it, but not automatically). Once fused in 1 m2v, this he will be multiplexed with mp2 that is obtained from the processing of unique ac3 if target is SKVCD, or will be along offered together with mp2 or ac3 to the DVD authoring software, since these are in charge generally of the multiplexing one.
c - To obtain several VOBs and 1 ac3. This solves the problem of the 4GB in HD noncNtfs. The VOBs obtained can be treated with DVDĀVI to create a fake VOB that will be oferred through avisynth to the Mencoder.exe. Final m2v will be multiplexed with mp2 that we obtain from the processing of unique ac3 if target is SKVCD, or will be along offered together with mp2 or ac3 to the DVD authoring software, since these are in charge generally of the multiplexing one.
d - As possible option is also obtaining several VOBs and several ac3, but evidently this is not practical.
2 - If you want to give to MencodeMe only an only GREAT VOB (taked from VMesquita thread in English forum). 1) Ripping with DVDDecrypter (Skip this step if you are using an AVI)
a) Open DVDDecrypter, go to Tools/Settings/IFO Mode and change file splitting to none. This way DVDDecrypter will create a BIG VOB with the whole move, instead os splitting in 1GB pieces. If you are going to use a AVI source, skip this step. Please take note of the movie duration if you're going to use a DVD source, you're going to need it.
b) Click on the tab "Stream Processing", check "Enable Stream Processing". Now keep checked only the audio and videoboxes corresponding to the tracks you want. For each checked option, change mode to "Demux" instead of direct stream copy
c) Click on the "DVD to HD" graphic button.
d) After the ripping process is complete, go to folder where the files are and rename the .m2v to .vob
4 - If you want that multiplexing would be automatic and it does not fail: output folder choosed will be "Samples" of your working directory (although it is not obligatory, he is very useful) and files names must not have spaces.If there are several VOBs, they must be identified by a number, in the beginning, that makes that the system orders them correctly, not to have problems at merging time (for example 001Matrix.vob, 002Matrix.vob, 003Matrix.vob, 004Matrix.vob, etc).
5 - From here, the way it is very easy, since script is saying to you what you must to do (only in spanish for a while). Following pic show you batch options.

This method puts in your hands a powerful tool to call all processes that take part in video encode until obtaining a SKVCD/KDVD.
--------

--------
Visit: Intermediate guide: MencodeMe/Win32 - Avisynth - MakeAvis by Prodater64.
Visit: KVCD - MencodeMe - Auxiliar Task - KVCD Docking Gate by Prodater64.
Visit: Mencoder scripting with AVSEdit and Guide for Multiple Files by Prodater64.
Visit: Mini-guide quick and easy - DVD to (S)KVCD with MencodeMe by Maurus.
Visit: Mencode-me: a newbie oriented GUI - 0.23 is out! by VMesquita.
--------

Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

05-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Free Member

I'm very sad.
It seems that only moderators guides are welcomes?
Does somebody here try this guide?
Where are you? my... friends?

Any opinion? A word?
Jorel, not even you?
05-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Free Member

Hi Pro,
I'm not a moderator on this forum, so I can make a comment but only after testing it, ok
BTW, nice structure you used on the guide.
Kind of reminds me something I have seen around .
I'll get back with some feedback but only tomorrow.
Cheers
05-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
BTW, nice structure you used on the guide.
Kind of reminds me something I have seen around .
I'll get back with some feedback but only tomorrow.
Cheers
"Doubly" thanks.
You are an example for me. For that reason I wanted to initiate this thread quoting you.
05-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

i read your guide and save in hd few minutes after you posted here.
believe or not:
i still don' test your guide and : DIKO, Mencoder and MencoderME
i need time to use all.
then i'm very sad too! you're not alone.
05-08-2004, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
I'm very sad.
It seems that only moderators guides are welcomes?
Does somebody here try this guide?
Where are you? my... friends?

Any opinion? A word?
Jorel, not even you?
Sorry Prodater64, I missed your guide. Any guide and any effort willing to help is welcome. I always say that everyone can help development of KVCD encoding tecniques, not only moderators.
Guide sticked.
05-09-2004, 03:06 AM
Free Member

Thank you.
05-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Free Member

Hi guys,
But did someone test it before going to sticky besides Prodater?
I ran into a lot of problems after (Kwag?) made my guide sticky.
I received a lot of cheering for making the guide but I think only a few people really tested it at that moment.
Then I started to realise that some statements that I had made on the guide were wrong or would produce a bad movie stream.
That's why I introduced the downloadable batch files and ini file.
That was because I was doing the testing only on 2 PCs and sometimes we get different results with a lot of PCs doing some testing .
Yesterday I told Pro that today I would help him with some feedback but I'm fighting with my brand new PC.
Can't put makeAVIS to work with MEncoder...
I will do some testing with Pro's guide as soon as I can make it work with makeAVIS and MEncoder/MEncodeMe.
Nevertheless good job Pro .
Cheers
05-09-2004, 09:45 AM

@rds_correia
But because of your guide still people had a chance to use mencoder without having to read and understand tons of posts. If I guide is not sticked (or put somewhere very visible), it generally becomes another post lost between tons of them and nobody really uses it. Nobody uses, nobody reports problems, nothing is fixed. A guide (and a software) is always a work in progress.
05-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Hi guys,...
But did someone test it before going to sticky besides Prodater?
With this guide you can encode with mencodeme generated parameters. In this sense, only mencodeme need to be tested.
I don't use templates others than mencodeme.
Of course, here is the posibility of change settings too, but only affect users at his own risk.
"KVCD Docking Gate.bat" is like a GUI. It make easier and sistematic the encoding process.
I will add multiplexing soon.
05-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Free Member

@VM,
Yes, I see your point.
And now I have the same opinion on it.
Let's see if guys start giving some feedback .

@Pro,
Quote:
I will add multiplexing soon.
That would be nice
Cheers
05-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Free Member

@Prodater64

Sorry buddy but I was away all weekend and only saw your post today, this looks like a great guide and as soon as I get my new Hard Drive I will put this guide to good use.

Thank you.

Thanks also to rds_correia for the original guide its great to see so many great minds working together to improve the methods in which we encode.

Keep up the great work guys.

Michael.
05-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Free Member

Updated the 13/05/2004: Automatic multiplexing for mp2 and semiautomatic for DVD with ac3.

Read first post.
05-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Free Member

Hi Pro,
Sorry mate
Still haven't found time to try it...
In fact, still haven't found time to do anything encoding related
So I hope I can try it this weekend.
That is, if I don't get to work in the weekend too: I'm a "tech guy" and I'm "working on call" this weekend.
So I hope noone calls .
Cheers
05-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Hi Pro,
Sorry mate
Cheers
Don't worry friend, I know you don't forget me.
05-14-2004, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Pro,
Sorry mate
Cheers
Don't worry friend, I know you don't forget me.
i don't forget or forgot you too my friend, i'm doing a boot cd in portuguese forum and the time is short to test "everything" but your guide is in the first place on my big "to do" list!!
your guide is precious!

05-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
i don't forget or forgot you too my friend, i'm doing a boot cd in portuguese forum and the time is short to test "everything" but your guide is in the first place on my big "to do" list!!
your guide is precious!
I Know friend, I read your thread about that, and I waiting for it.
Thanks.
05-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Free Member

Hi:
Updated.

Please just a little bit of feedback.
If somebody is interested in that the process begins with other applications, comments it to me.
The process can be used anyway, avisynth is used or not. Simply close avs script window when it is opened, likeMakeAvis one.
In MencodeMe select VOB or AVI as input source and make corresponding settings, soon follow with habitual instructions if it is that you want to do an automatic multiplex.
05-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Free Member

Updated 05/24/2004: Added DVDDecrypter and DVD2AVI support. Added until 10 full encodes (with multiplexing) for target type at same session (KVCD, SKVCD Y KDVD). Mplex*.bat auxiliar files no more needed.

This method give you a powerfull tool to call every process involved in (S)KVCD/KDVD encoding.
Don't lost it.

Visit: KVCD - MencodeMe - Auxiliar Task - KVCD Docking Gate by Prodater64.
Visit: Mencoder scripting with AVSEdit and Guide for Multiple Files by Prodater64.
Visit: Mini-guide quick and easy - DVD to (S)KVCD with MencodeMe by Maurus.
Visit: Mencode-me: a newbie oriented GUI - 0.23 is out! by VMesquita.

05-23-2004, 09:42 PM

Pro!

a few time ago a saw this guide in the spanish forum and i came here(lots) searching the english version but i can't find.....
i was clicking in all links in your signature but can't find the new version of this guide in english in the whole forum....now is here, THANKS !

don't do that again!!

post the guides in all forums at the same time!