Quantcast Is this SVCD or VCD? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
06-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to WOWIEGURL
I have 2 mpgs I would like to compress into 1 kvcd. It is dual audio so you assume it would show up as mpeg2-svcd into VIRTUALDUB. It doesn't and it says it is mpeg 1. So what format is it exactly?ALso how do you paack a 925 mb file into a 800 cd? your guide in "further compression of ksvcd files only work with mpg2 files

Thankyou very much
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

06-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOWIEGURL
I have 2 mpgs I would like to compress into 1 kvcd. It is dual audio so you assume it would show up as mpeg2-svcd into VIRTUALDUB. It doesn't and it says it is mpeg 1.
In french we would say "who can the more, can the less".
SVCD are "generally" MPEG2 but they can support also MPEG1. I did all my KVCD in MPEG1 SVCD. So you can have a MPEG1 with 2 audio tracks.

Quote:
ALso how do you paack a 925 mb file into a 800 cd?
Using glue ?

Quote:
your guide in "further compression of ksvcd files only work with mpg2 files
There are a LOT of post telling how to handle MPEG1 (look after "VCD" if you don't find).
06-27-2004, 03:01 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Quote:
ALso how do you paack a 925 mb file into a 800 cd?
If your burner supports overburn then you can put 950 MB on one 800 MB Disc.
06-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Free Member

@WOWIEGURL,

Here we go again!!!!!

http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10504

WOWIEGURL is downloading movies from internet instead of a legal
source like purchased DVD's. He asked these same questions before.
We are helping him with pirated movies!!!!!!

-BP
06-27-2004, 07:21 AM
Free Member

Right. Some people here seems to think that members don't have a life and are just hung to their keyboard in order to answer again and again and again ...

Grow a little bit, please !
06-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

quoting myself..maybe now you will understand what i wrote 13 april for you wowiegurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
excuse me...now i'm asking and answering:
"Have you read one guide on this page? Probably not."

and you wrote:
"My answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowiegurl
Sorry to waste your time but when I looked at TOk at the part where you choose the no. of cds used. I clicked 2 instead of one.
"
...this is not an answer, this was a "parcial solution" that you got !
but the problem remains cos you need to read the guide again
and will see how the audio is extracted and muxed !

was here: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....er=asc&start=0
i feel that you still a "little lazy" to search and to read!
06-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Free Member

Wow Déjà vu have we not all been here before reading this same post before. :P

Michael.
06-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Free Member

Just because I am asking a question on formats does not mean I am compressing material that is downloaded from the internet.

I have been to vcd.help website and it specifically says "SVCD can hold up to 2 audio streams"As it also explains SVCD is in mpg2 format . That is where I am confused. Also people here ask questions on how to back up formats that are dual lang which are mpg2 formats. People helping out in the forum say only MPG2 are dual language until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
In french we would say "who can the more, can the less". SVCD are "generally" MPEG2 but they can support also MPEG1. I did all my KVCD in MPEG1 SVCD. So you can have a MPEG1 with 2 audio tracks.
That quote was never stated in vcd help dot com.
]There is nothing about mpg1 formats which are dual lang. When I used GSPOT to check the format I found out it was in mpg1.

I like to back up cds that I PURCHASE or back up STORE BOUGHT DVD'S/VCD'S for other people because

A) I don't have the cash to buy the DVD would like to preserve the vcd before it gets scratched and worn out from continuous use and cram it on one KVCD. So black prince why is it when I have VCDS with 2 CHINESE languages you assume I have downloaded it from the internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@WOWIEGURL,

Here we go again!!!!!

http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10504

WOWIEGURL is downloading movies from internet instead of a legal
source like purchased DVD's. He asked these same questions before.
We are helping him with pirated movies!!!!!!

-BP
THAT IS AN EXTREMELY RACIST ASSUMPTION !!!

NOT all CHINESE people download their entertainment from the internet.I know someone IN THIS SITE has previously asked how to back up a vcd series bought from CHINA but that was okay to answered. But I am flamed for doing it on VCDs of the same origin which I think is totally UNFAIR and EXTREMELY RACIST. From past experience I found I get terrible quality, waste electricity, and time when I get the whole end product after downloading. THIS DO NOT MEAN I BACK UP DOWNLOADED COPIES. I now prefer to buy it from internet sites I can trust and back those up, and so the onus is on them to provide legal copies of the product. I have a history at YesAsia (an internet site I purchase things from) so I can prove it.

B) I DO NOT retain a copy of the end product for my own use I back up for friends, as often it is in a different language that I don't understand.

I get stuck with this 2 vcd into 1 kvcd because I frequently back up 1 movie from 1 RETAIL DVD onto 1 kvcd for friends with no problems.

In response to this post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quoting myself..maybe now you will understand what i wrote 13 april for you wowiegurl

jorel wrote:
excuse me...now i'm asking and answering:
"Have you read one guide on this page? Probably not."

and you wrote:
"My answer
wowiegurl wrote:
Sorry to waste your time but when I looked at TOk at the part where you choose the no. of cds used. I clicked 2 instead of one.
"
...this is not an answer, this was a "parcial solution" that you got !
but the problem remains cos you need to read the guide again
and will see how the audio is extracted and muxed !

was here: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....er=asc&start=0
i feel that you still a "little lazy" to search and to read!

thank you for all, you're great!
I DO READ the guides but there are things I need to change, or progs I can't use as it is no longer being updated E.G TOK and I am advised to stop using it, or things that haven't been experienced before http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10430 so I CAN'T ALWAYS FOLLOW THE GUIDE

I am now "okay" with backing up 1 DVD into 1 KVCD but there are times when I still have problems and that is when I do use the "SEARCH" function and sometimes do find it or add to that post if I can't. But what can I do if there are things I can't find? I ASK but not all the time??? isn't asking natural?

When I was first introduced to this forum I thought "great, now I can back up my VCDs onto 1 cd, provided that it isn't WAREZ" Now I get people attacking me for backing VCDs and DVDs that are all legitamately produced versions that I buy which have CHINESE AUDIO or my friend buys.

I do realise that you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialbot

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:21 am Post subject:

Right. Some people here seems to think that members don't have a life and are just hung to their keyboard in order to answer again and again and again ...

Grow a little bit, please !
...and the same question is answered, but I genuinely didn't know that mpg1 could contain 2 audios, and it isn't like I am constantly pestering you or the mods with requests to answer them when I ask them. I wait until you have time. I don't fill my posts with "WILL SOMEONE ANSWER ME!!!!" Nor do I advise people on how to act on their problems, as I know that I don't have enough experience from making KVCDs to do so.

Yes I admit to asking strange questions but not everyone is perfect and I always do apologise after doing so. SOmetimes I am very tired but I want to finish backing up a DVD as I want to know what should be done in that situation, so I know what to do next time I have the same problem.

It isn't like I am rude to members of this forum so I don't understand why you are all flaming me.
06-27-2004, 08:44 PM

ok..take it easy,i agree with some of your positions and i want to help you with your problems more and more but i don't don't know if we can do it:
Quote:
I like to back up cds that I PURCHASE or back up STORE BOUGHT DVD'S/VCD'S for other people because....
and
Quote:
...produced versions that I buy which have CHINESE AUDIO or my friend buys.
...i don't know if we can backup what we buy for our friends or backup what they buy...
and of course,the search sometimes have more problems than solutions,in this part i agree with you....but....let's go.i will give more help(in what i know),count with me,forgive my bored words....i understood what you mean,less the part about backup for friends..i think that we can't do that,ok?
next time when you ask about some that you buy,please post details that what you buy(be very clear please) cos we can't help nobody with download movies...it's ilegal !
06-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Free Member

@WOWIEGURL,

Quote:
B) I DO NOT retain a copy of the end product for my own use I back up for friends, as often it is in a different language that I don't understand.
Obtaining a video from a legal source and backing it up for your own use is what I'm referring to

Quote:
NOT all CHINESE people download their entertainment from the internet.I know someone IN THIS SITE has previously asked how to back up a vcd series bought from CHINA but that was okay to answered. But I am flamed for doing it on VCDs of the same origin which I think is totally UNFAIR and EXTREMELY RACIST.
This may surprise you but, I really didn't know what ethnic group you
are with and only based my answer on your questions for converting
vcd to kvcd. I hope those helping you are carefull to decide if they are
unwittingly being used to copy ilegal videos

-BP
06-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince
This may surprise you but, I really didn't know what ethnic group you
are with and only based my answer on your questions for converting
vcd to kvcd. I hope those helping you are carefull to decide if they are
unwittingly being used to copy ilegal videos

SO from my posts on this site you assumed I was asking for advice for videos that I "downloaded" off the internet. Next time before you make that assumption I suggest you ask. I happen to have a large collection of VCDs that I want to pack onto 1 kvcd but so far only managed to do DVD back ups. That is why I ask so many questions.
06-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Free Member

Time !
Each man in his corner - next round in 1min30... or never (better )

(a last remark wowie, BP was surely reffering on what is actually on these VCD. VCD... China... any one see what he means...).

BTW : end of this part of the thread please.
06-28-2004, 02:13 PM

WOWIEGURL,
first you posted your arguments...some of them are valids, i understood and post my answer one minute later (yes,just only one minute after you post)
then i saw you in the forum(you was loged) reading here and there..in all places...(time was passing)
then i'm back here and see that your edit you post 13 hours after my answer! why 13 hours later?....and lots of emoticons like that now.....but it's ok.....but still strange.....why 13 hours later if you was in the forum LOGED for long time before the edition!

but one thing i don't agree: it's not the moderator that need to ask if your movie is or not legal.
....THE MEMBER HAVE TO POST IT CLEAR SHOWING THAT THE MOVIE IS LEGAL.... or the moderator HAVE to CLOSE THE THREAD if he have some doubt about this legality!
clear?..if don't, BP or PHIL can explain better than me!

edited>
sorry,i forgot to post:
here we go again......again! (is the title of this post)
06-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Free Member

jorel I went to work, and had some sleep,then re-read bp's post, thats why I came back later and made changes.