Quantcast DVD2SVCD: ini Files to use KVCD_LBR Parameters for Dvd2s(K)VCD - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
10-22-2002, 01:42 AM
Free Member

Here are the initial .ini files set up DVD2SVCD to use KVCD_LBR parameters.

First, download these two files, and copy them to your "C:\Program files\DVD2SVCD" directory ( Or wherever you installed DVD2SVCD )
http://www.kvcd.net/kvcd_lbr.ini
http://www.kvcd.net/matrices.ini

Now when you run DVD2SVCD, go to the "Misc." tab. Press the "Load settings" button, and select "kvcd_lbr.ini"
You're all set .

I've left subtitles disabled, so you may want to select them and choose your subtitles language. Every other parameter used in KVCD templates is now loaded in DVD2SVCD as default. Even the KVCD Quantization Matrix is selected. You will have to set your TMPGEnc path. That's about it.
I've made some small changes to the KVCD_LBR template, which are reflected here. The MIN bit rate was raised to 128Kbps and the MAX was raised from 1,150Kbps to 2,300Kbps. If your DVD player doesn't support this high bit rate, please go to the bit rate tab and adjust your setting there. The audio will be encoded as 128Kbps Dual Channel. Please report any problems in this thread, so that I can fix them promptly. Because there is a problem with the chapter creation program, I've set "Don't make images". So after the program is done, you just have to burn the .mpg file with VCDEasy. If you want chapters, get ChapterXtractor and use it with VCDEasy to create the chapters.
More .ini files will be released for other templates ONLY after this one is fully tested and debugged.

Enjoy,
-kwag
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

10-22-2002, 08:00 AM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to Wolfi Send a message via MSN to Wolfi Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfi
Ho I'm quite new in this forum and waht acsactly is templates FOR
10-22-2002, 06:09 PM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to twobit326
This is great Kwag, but can you make one for SKVCD?

Thanx,
Twobit326
10-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Free Member

Yes. But not until the program is stable. I don't want people saying that it doesn't work and blame KVCD.Net, when the problem are in DVD2SVCD and/or dependency programs ( DVD2AVI, vStrip, etc, etc, etc ).

-kwag
10-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to twobit326
You're so smart! You're my role model Kwag NOT REALLY! So i noticed under the Quantinizaiton settings we can choose KVCD. Can we make our own settings for the DVD2SCVD proggy to make
(Insert cobination of letters here)KVCDs?

Just wondering

-Twobit326
10-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

ok Kwag,it's wonder-full!!!!!
i encode a few chapters and never see vcds with this quality!!!
sound and image stable.........very nice.

one question:
how much time can i encode with this template?
50,100 or 150 minuts?
thanks in advance!!

10-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Free Member

@twobit326,

The default Quantization Matrix is set to the one we did specifically for KVCD PLUS templates. It's integrated tightly with the GOP structure. What you get with DVD2SVCD using these parameters, is exacty what you get by doing KVCD's manually, The result is identical. A KVCD

@jorel,

You can encode up to 180 minutes. It's the same parameters as in the KVCD_LBR template. So any movie of ~2 hours or so, will look killer

-kwag
10-22-2002, 10:10 PM

You can encode up to 180 minutes.

it's all too much.........wonder!
thanks Kwag!!!!!!
10-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Free Member

Kwag -

4 Films made without errors. All with subtitles.
2 with 180 min
2 with 120 min

Until now all works very good, except for the chapters. Quality for me is very satisfactory in the 2 templates - 120minutes and 120 minutes are OK !!!

Funil99
10-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funil99
Kwag -

4 Films made without errors. All with subtitles.
2 with 180 min
2 with 120 min

Until now all works very good, except for the chapters. Quality for me is very satisfactory in the 2 templates - 120minutes and 120 minutes are OK !!!

Funil99
Hi Funil99,

Yes. I've done a couple now. Quality is "almost" the same as if we did it manually. It's slightly better doing it manually, because the file prediction formula works better than the one DVD2SVCD uses internally, so we get more bits fitted per area.
I just wish chapters would work

-kwag
10-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Free Member

To all:

I've made some small adjustments to the kvcd_lbr.ini file so please re-download it. The link is here: http://www.kvcd.net/kvcd_lbr.ini
I've set the "Don't make images". So if you don't care about chapters, and you would like to let DVD2SVCD finalize and do .bin/.cue files, then select VCDImager or VCDXBuild. If you want chapters, just leave the options as they are, and when DVD2SVCD is done, use ChapterXtractor to add chapters to VCDEasy. Chapters functions are broken right now in DVD2SVCD.
I also set motion estimation search to "Fast" I just compared a couple of films and the quality is much better with the fast mode. Yes, it's better than "High Quality" . Not to mention that the encoding speed is now a rocket You can notice the quality difference on edges of foreground objects, and specially far distant objects in the picture. Also the VBV buffer was set incorreectly. It's supposed to be set to 40, and it was set to 20

Other than the broken chapters, DVD2SVCD is doing really good .
If you use the kvcd_lbr.ini file as it is, you'll get a perfect mpeg ready to burn. Don't forget to select your subtitles language. I set the subtitles options default as "disabled". So if you encode with the .ini file as it is, you won't get subtitles.

Enjoy!,
-kwag
10-23-2002, 10:50 PM

"i do this" with the ini file and get more sharpness with Unfilter.dll
(unfilter can be found in doom9)

the result image is nice.....

[AVISYNTH_BilinearResize with Unfilter by jorel]
0=LoadPlugin(!Unfilter.dll)
1=Unfilter(^x_value,^y_value)
2=BilinearResize(^TargetWidth,^TargetHeight)
3=AddBorders(0,^BorderTop,0,^BorderBottom)
!Unfilter.dll=C:\Arquivos de programas\DVD2SVCD110b1rc1\UnFilter\UnFilter.dll
^x_value=50
^y_value=50
__________________________________________________ _

ps: "by jorel" is only named.....not maked.
try to use it in a simple chapter and see the quality.....
more information about Unfilter in doom9!

10-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Free Member

A real newbie question. I'm going to try dvd2svcd tonight and was wondering what I need to do. If I read right all I have to do is load your kvcd_lbr.ini and select subtitles if I won't them then start the program right? After the program is done I will have a mpeg file that I can burn with nero as a non-standard vcd right? Then I will have a vcd if I did every thing right.
10-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Free Member

Make sure you put in Kwag's matricies.ini file.
That is part of the key to KVCD. Also use the newer
kvcd-lbr.ini. It's supposed to be better than the previous.

load the settings, hit the button, and let it go.

This is GREAT!

-Jeff
10-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Free Member

How do you load the kwag's matricies.ini file? Will there be a load button in the matrix section? And one last question, does kwag dvd2svcd settings allow us to fit one movie onto one cd like his tmpg templates?
Thanks for all the help
10-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfire
How do you load the kwag's matricies.ini file? Will there be a load button in the matrix section? And one last question, does kwag dvd2svcd settings allow us to fit one movie onto one cd like his tmpg templates?
Thanks for all the help
Drag the matrix file into the dvd2svcd folder (replacing the default one
that is there)

The load button is on the Misc. tab.

Yes, this uses the tmpgenc templates, but it incorporates them into d2s
in order to make a one step process.

I tried d2s with kvcd for the first time last night (first time with d2s ever)
and it's really easy. Browse through the tabs, and get familure with the
settings and where things are. It's necessary to do that, but you'll feel
a little bit better once you understand what the app is doing

-Jeff
10-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the help
The settings in the kvcd_lbr.ini are the same as the KVCD_LBR template. So you'll be able to fit ~2+ hours with excelent VCD quality, and ~3 hours reduced quality with DVD2SVCD. Still very watcheable, even with 3 hours on a CD-R.

-kwag
10-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Free Member

kwag

Grabbed the ini files and tossed them into d2s. Piece of cake! Thanks for the help!! All I got to say is you are the shizznit and a bowl of gritz!! I backed up saving private ryan to 1 disc! The quality of the clip was truely amazing and the speed of conversion was so fast I had to keep checking my rig to make sure there wasn't an issue with it.

I'll be honest, I figured the clips you had as demo's for the templates were... doctored. I simply could not believe that you could compress a movie down that far and still have good enough quality to view. Well, I must admit that I was wrong in my assumption. To say that I was blown away wouldn't be strong enough. The quality (IMHO and to me that is all that matters) rivals d2s with cce quality!! I had a couple of buddy's take a look at the quality and they were blown away too.

If the current ini's you've provided are consided VCD quality - to coin a batman and robin phrase - Holy Shite Batman - I can't wait for you to release the SVCD quality ini's!!!

Please keep up the good - no...GREAT work!!!
10-25-2002, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Quote:
Thanks for all the help
The settings in the kvcd_lbr.ini are the same as the KVCD_LBR template. So you'll be able to fit ~2+ hours with excelent VCD quality, and ~3 hours reduced quality with DVD2SVCD. Still very watcheable, even with 3 hours on a CD-R.

-kwag

Kwag,
do i have to adjust the bitrate in dvd2svcd,
to fit ~2+ hours with VCD quality, and ~3 hours reduced quality with DVD2SVCD........use default adjust?
(time between 0 and 50minuts-800mb)

ps: my player show only 352-240 kvcds (kvcd_compat.zip samples)
can i turn it to dvd2s(K)vcd?

thanks in advance!
10-25-2002, 03:37 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Quote:
Thanks for all the help

-kwag

Kwag,
do i have to adjust the bitrate in dvd2svcd,
to fit ~2+ hours with VCD quality, and ~3 hours reduced quality with DVD2SVCD........use default adjust?
(time between 0 and 50minuts-800mb)

ps: my player show only 352-240 kvcds (kvcd_compat.zip samples)
can i turn it to dvd2s(K)vcd?

thanks in advance!
Hi jorel,

You're already set
When you run DVD2SVCD, go to the "Misc." tab, and just load the kvcd_lbr.ini and you're set to encode 352x240 with a MIN=128, MAX=2,300. If your players doesn't support these MIN/MAX values, then change that in the bit rate of DVD2SVCD. Other than that, everything is already set up. DVD2SVCD will calculate the correct CQ_VBR depending on the lenght of your movie. So you don't worry about that either
If you want subtitles, go to subtitles and select "rip subtitles" and select your language.

-kwag