Quantcast New Important Settings in DVD2SVCD - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
09-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Free Member

I just discovered that there are two new settings in encoder tab that have to be checked in DVD2SVCD 1.2.1 !

Go to encoder tab, select tmpgenc and then click on the dropdown menu near "adv. set". At the bottom of the window you have two new features :

- Color conversion : set it to "no conversion".
- Use ReadAVS into TMPGENc : check this one ! Else you will use DirectShow feature of tmpgenc and the encoding time will be very looooonnnnnggggg...
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

09-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Free Member

thnx 4 the tip!
How did u found out btw? Great job!
09-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Free Member

You're welcome
09-09-2003, 05:24 AM
Free Member

thnx dial but what kind of difference there is...

will picture quality be better when using this setting?
09-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Free Member

Picture will be different, but it's not a matter of better or not.

If you use DirectShow insteed of Avsreader, you will not use only the codec installed on your PC, but also some directshowfilters that modify deeply the video stream (as divxfreeze or ffdshow).

With the last one its possible to do a lot of modification on the picture, including adding noise or removing it, changing color balance, sharpening or bluring...
It's impossible to say if the picture is better with ffdshow or not : it depends on what you have setted in its parameters.

But one thing is sure : encoding time is way longer if you use direcshowfilters.
09-09-2003, 06:16 AM
Free Member

i will modify the settings in dvd2svcd as you said above.

Quote:
- Color conversion : set it to "no conversion".
- Use ReadAVS into TMPGENc : check this one !
since you are my hero
09-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Free Member

No problem about the color conversion setting, but the "use ReadAVS.dll" don't stay cheked after closing DVD2SVCD so every time I make a conversion have to chek it again, and I'm not sure is being really apliaded.
I have the ReadAVS plugin in the enviromental settings of Tmpgenc in high priority (3) don't showing any problem.
Shoudn't DVD2SVCD keep this setting cheked after closing?

thanks in advance
10-29-2003, 07:15 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo
No problem about the color conversion setting, but the "use ReadAVS.dll" don't stay cheked after closing DVD2SVCD so every time I make a conversion have to chek it again, and I'm not sure is being really apliaded.
I have the ReadAVS plugin in the enviromental settings of Tmpgenc in high priority (3) don't showing any problem.
Shoudn't DVD2SVCD keep this setting cheked after closing?

thanks in advance
I have the same prob leo i even ticked it saved the Configuration on the Misc Tab and when i reloaded SVCD2DCVD it was unticked again.

I Guess u have to manually tick it every time before you start your encode.

BTW: Thanks Dialhot for finding out this excellent piece of information you have saved us so much time for our encodes.

Michael.
10-29-2003, 07:29 AM
Free Member

I'm not sure because I didn't use DVD2SVCD since a long time but it seems that if you check the box, then save the configuration and never return to the setting window, ReadAVS will be use everytime.

It simple to see that : when tmpgenc starts the encoding, just go to the environnemental settings to verify (not even needed to stop the work for doing that).
10-29-2003, 06:02 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
I'm not sure because I didn't use DVD2SVCD since a long time but it seems that if you check the box, then save the configuration and never return to the setting window, ReadAVS will be use everytime.

It simple to see that : when tmpgenc starts the encoding, just go to the environnemental settings to verify (not even needed to stop the work for doing that).
Thanks for the tip Dialhot i will put it to the test.

Michael.
11-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Free Member

thanks phil.

After using these settings, my PC converted a 91 minute movie in 58 minutes!!!